Want something hearty and delicious to warm you up during the cold weather? If so, then this is the recipe for you.
Today we’ll show you a delicious recipe that most will have in their top 10 comfort foods. This keto chicken soup is an anticancer meal that will warm your soul and make you feel better when you are feeling unwell.
Overall, our approach doesn’t rely on just one anticancer diet. We actually choose from one of five different diets depending on the case and situation.
So today’s recipe will be perfect for those who want to use a ketogenic diet and to maximize the anticancer potential of the ketogenic meals.
The ketogenic diet is high in (healthy) fats, moderate in protein, low in carbohydrates, and has the potential to limit the growth of tumors. It can also help to lower inflammation and protect healthy cells from the damage of both chemotherapy and radiation .
This recipe is packed with healthy ingredients, incredible spices and represents a wholesome meal that will feed the whole family. It makes 5 servings and this soup will keep you full for a long time.
Here are some of the great anticancer ingredients that you will find in our delicious and mouthwatering Keto Chicken Soup.
- Garlic: Allicin is a naturally occurring anticancer substance in garlic. Studies have shown that the consumption of garlic in the diet provides strong protection against cancer. Other studies have also shown its remarkable suppression of the proliferation of cultured cancer cells . To maximize allicin and its anticancer effect, you can crush the garlic and let it sit for 10 minutes before eating.
- Onions: Have a high anticancer potential when compared to other vegetables. This may be especially true with the chartreuse onion because of its high quercetin content. Quercetin is a powerful antioxidant that shows potential in blocking cancer metabolism pathways and for preventing the spread of various cancers .
- Cauliflower: In a comparative study, both cauliflower and cabbage were amongst the strongest anti cancer vegetables when tested against a variety of cancer cells . Cauliflower and other vegetables of the Brassica family, contain bioactive food compounds such as glucosinolates that are known to inhibit cancer growth and promote the death of cancer cells while sparing healthy cells .
- Cabbage: It is known to have many cancer-fighting abilities. Research has shown that sulforaphane, a bioactive compound found in cabbage, may help protect against cancer. Other studies have shown cabbage to protect against the negative effects of radiation due to it’s 3,3′diindolylmethane (DIM) compound . Anthocyanin is another powerful antioxidant identified in cabbage with great anticancer effects. In research trials, anthocyanins have demonstrated the ability to reduce cancer cell proliferation and inhibit tumor formation .
- Ginger: Ginger is one of the most universally used natural products consumed as a spice, and also as a medicine for treating nausea, dysentery, heartburn, flatulence, diarrhea, loss of appetite, infections, cough, and bronchitis . Over the past two decades, ginger has been the subject of intensive scientific research and has shown anticarcinogenic, antibacterial, antifungal, hypoglycemic, and antiatherosclerotic properties .
This recipe will make a perfect anticancer meal for lunch or dinner. Because it heats well, this meal is also good to make and eat the next day.
The protein from the chicken will also help to nourish your muscles. And this recipe contains a variety of vitamins and minerals that will help to support your body and health overall.
Using cauliflower rice makes this soup much tastier, and it gives a pleasant texture. And minced cauliflower in general is a great keto friendly substitute for rice. Then, cabbage, especially red cabbage also helps you maximize the anticancer potential of this recipe.
Make sure to give this recipe a try!
Wholesome and Low-Carb Chicken Soup with Ginger, Cauliflower, and Red Cabbage
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 chartreuse onion finely diced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 6 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp rosemary freshly chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup grated cauliflower or cauliflower rice
- 1 cup red cabbage grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat warm the olive oil and stir in the diced onion, grated carrots, and freshly grated ginger. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic cloves and season with ground turmeric.
- Place in the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper to taste, and pour in the broth.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and with the help of two forks shred it well. Place the chicken back in the pot.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and grated red cabbage.
- Bring everything to a boil for another 5 to 10 minutes and serve in serving bowls.
Recipe Adapted From: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/the-best-chicken-soup-recipe/
Camila Pierson is a nutritionist who also holds a Master Health Coach Certification through Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. She has 8 years of experience leading lifestyle changes. Her previous work includes being a nutritionist, as well as a trained lifestyle coach for the CDC diabetes prevention program.
Camila is passionate about helping people meet their wellness goals. With her knowledge, she is also able to create delicious and nutritious anticancer recipes at AntiCancer360.