Are you wondering what to make for lunch or dinner? If you want a recipe that is healthy, fresh, creamy, full of anticancer vegetables … you’ll love our keto garlic chicken recipe!
Not only is it delicious and easy to prepare, it’s also packed with great anti-cancer ingredients like cauliflower, spinach, garlic, broccoli, and tomatoes.
In general, the AntiCancer360 approach doesn’t rely on just one anticancer diet. We choose one of five different diets depending on the case and situation.
So today’s recipe will be ideal for those who want to use a ketogenic diet and want to maximize the anticancer potential of the ketogenic meals.
The ketogenic diet is high in (healthy) fats, moderate in protein, low in carbohydrates, and can limit the growth of tumors. It can also help to lower inflammation and protect healthy cells from the damage of both chemotherapy and radiation .
The recipe today is also dairy-free. You will get that yummy cheese flavor from the nutritional yeast and the creaminess you have been dreaming of from the coconut cream.
When adding the vegetables, cooking for only another 3 to 4 min will result in tender-crisp vegetables that retain more nutrients than if they were boiled.
The protein in the seasoned chicken breast will make you feel satisfied while nourishing your muscles. Every ingredient in this recipe comes with amazing benefits to your body and health.
Here are some of the great anticancer ingredients that you will find in this flavorful and mouth-watering meal.
- Broccoli: According to the American Institute For Cancer Research, broccoli contains lots of compounds studied for their cancer-fighting abilities. One of the top contenders is sulforaphane . One test-tube study showed that sulforaphane reduced the size and number of breast cancer cells by up to 75% . To get the most sulforaphane from your broccoli, you cam steam it lightly (no more than 3-4 minutes) .
- Cauliflower: In a comparative study, cauliflower was rated one of the strongest anti-cancer vegetables when tested against a variety of cancer cells . Amazing bioactive substances found in cauliflower such as glucosinolates are known to inhibit cancer growth and promote the death of cancer cells while sparing healthy cells .
- Garlic: Allicin is a naturally occurring anticancer substance in garlic. Studies have shown that the consumption of garlic in the diet provides strong protection against cancer. Other studies have also revealed its remarkable ability in suppressing the proliferation of cultured cancer cells. To maximize allicin and its anticancer effect, crush the garlic and let it sit for 10 minutes before eating .
- Spinach: The natural substances found in spinach, can prevent macromolecular oxidative damage and modulate the expression and activity of genes involved in metabolism, proliferation, inflammation, and antioxidant defense. By inducing the secretion of satiety hormones it can also help individuals to not overeat. All these biological activities contribute to the anti-cancer, anti-obesity, hypoglycemic, and hypolipidemic properties of spinach .
Make sure to give this delicious one-pan stir fry recipe a try. It is quick, easy, and healthy and you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
If you can get all the ingredients organic in organic form, that would be ideal. But, if not… You should get ingredients like spinach and tomatoes in organic form since it’s known to be especially high in toxins if bought in the conventional form .
Keto Garlic Chicken With Broccoli, Cauliflower and Spinach Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts diced into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chopped chicken breast with Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and salt & pepper to taste.
- In a nonstick frying pan stir in the olive oil and seasoned chicken.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Stir in the dried oregano, chili flakes, minced garlic and cook for about a minute or two.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the broccoli and cauliflower is cooked through.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and baby spinach.
- Add the nutritional yeast and coconut cream and cook until everything is combined.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Recipe Adapted From: https://gimmedelicious.com/keto-garlic-chicken/
Camila Pierson is a nutritionist who also holds a Master Health Coach Certification through Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. She has 8 years of experience leading lifestyle changes. Her previous work includes being a nutritionist, as well as a trained lifestyle coach for the CDC diabetes prevention program.
Camila is passionate about helping people meet their wellness goals. With her knowledge, she is also able to create delicious and nutritious anticancer recipes at AntiCancer360.