Are you craving a sweet, decadent, and delicious breakfast? Our recipe today can be prepared up to 2 – 3 days in advance.
Overnight oats are a quick and easy breakfast or snack that can be eaten hot or cold. They are simple to prepare (no cooking necessary!) and wonderful for those busy days when you need something quick and healthy to grab and go.
In general, the AntiCancer 360 approach doesn’t rely on just one anticancer diet. We choose one of five different diets always taking into consideration each client’s case and situation.
So today’s recipe will be perfect for those who want to use a plant-based diet and would like to enhance the anticancer potential of plant-based meals.
Plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and whole grains are packed with natural anticancer substances . A well planned plant-based diet has numerous plant compounds that act on different pathways in the body to stop and prevent cancer growth .
The combination of oats, chia seeds, coconut flour, and coconut flakes in this recipe is heavenly. They thicken well with any liquid and are all very nutritious.
We also added valencia peanut butter for a peanut buttery taste and protein boost!
And even though a plant based diet can include natural sugars, it’s still best to minimize them whenever possible.
Because of this, we used stevia as our zero-carb and natural sweetener. But, if you prefer a liquid sweetener, monk fruit maple syrup is a perfect option to drizzle over the top.
The preparation for this recipe will take you only 5 minute. Then all you need to do is to give the mixture a few stirs to make sure the oats and chia seeds are fully immersed in the milk. Then, cover it and leave it in the refrigerator overnight to let the oats soften and to let all the flavors combine.
These overnight oats are very appetizing especially with fresh strawberries on top. You can also use fresh blueberries. Both are great fruits with awesome cancer-fighting natural compounds in them.
Here are some of the great anticancer ingredients that you will find in our creamy and satisfying overnight oats.
- Strawberries: Especially rich in many anticancer compounds such as vitamin C, anthocyanins, and phenolic acids such as ellagic acid. Ellagic acids may provide an antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic effect. Anthocyanins have been shown to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells, as well as activate signaling that leads to the self-destruction of abnormal cells. Another study also identified the powerful anti-proliferative activity that strawberries demonstrated on human liver cancer cells ,.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are an excellent source of polyphenols and antioxidants, such as caffeic acid, rosmarinic acid, myricetin, quercetin, and others. Flavonoids like quercetin, chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acid have shown to have potential anti-cancerogenic, anti-hypertensive, and neuroprotective effects ,. Chia seeds are also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. During chemotherapy, omega-3 fatty acids may contribute to a reduced inflammatory response. Other studies have also shown that omega-3 fatty acids may increase the response rate to chemotherapy .
- Oatmeal: Oats are a unique source of avenanthramides (AVAs), a group of polyphenolic alkaloids. Studies have shown the chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic potential of AVAs. One study stated that AVAs prevent cancer mainly by blocking reactive species and they may exhibit potential therapeutic activity through the modulation of different pathways including the activation of apoptosis and senescence, the block of cell proliferation, and the inhibition of epithelial mesenchymal transition and metastasization .
If you can get all the ingredients in organic form, that would be ideal. But, if not… You should get ingredients like strawberries in organic form since it’s known to be especially high in toxins if bought in the conventional form.
Today, make sure to give this recipe a try. Put all the ingredients in your favorite mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. Then you’ll be set up for a perfect and absolutely delicious wholesome breakfast for the next morning.
Healthy & Delicious Overnight Oats With Almond Milk, Chia Seeds, Coconut Flour & Strawberries (Plant-based and Dairy-Free)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats rolled
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 3-4 strawberries for garnish
- In a large glass mix the chia seeds, stevia, oats, and coconut flour.
- Stir in the coconut flakes and mix everything together.
- Stir in the peanut butter, almond milk and mix until everything is combined.
- Cover securely with a lid or seal and set in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, open and put the fresh chopped strawberries on top. Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: https://minimalistbaker.com/peanut-butter-overnight-oats/
Camila Pierson is a nutritionist who also holds a Master Health Coach Certification through Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. She has 8 years of experience leading lifestyle changes. Her previous work includes being a nutritionist, as well as a trained lifestyle coach for the CDC diabetes prevention program.
Camila is passionate about helping people meet their wellness goals. With her knowledge, she is also able to create delicious and nutritious anticancer recipes at AntiCancer360.